GUYS!!! This DIY that I am about to share with you is dead easy. I managed to put it together in 20 min after I cut all the pieces of felt, and better of all, before my toddler finished his snack!
I made this owl bookend for his room as the theme is Woodland Creatures. I love getting crafty and make special little things for him rather than buy (also because I am a bit cheap) it gives a special meaning to the room also is so unique!
So let’s get it started.
You will need:
- felt in different colours of your choice (since we are not trying to create a clear replica of an actual owl
- thread to match with your felt
- the downloaded pattern – which you can find at the end of the post
- some dried beans/chickpeas
- optional a hot glue gun for all the smaller fiddly parts that you might choose to glue rather than stitch.
Start by cutting the pattern and the felt for all the necessary pieces.
Stich the feet on the tummy and the small face pieces on the cloud shaped felt- you can also add hot glue to save you time.
Attach the pieces of felt to the main body part (grey one) Stich the back and the front of the body around using a blanket stitch leaving a small opening where you can insert the dried beans to give it a bit of weight and hold the books.
Close it with a stitch and voilllaa, there you have it!
A beautiful bookend that will match your woodland creature nursery theme, told you it would be easy.
One more thing
[email-download download_id=”2010″ contact_form_id=”933″]